( For the Roberts family)
Dates of Travel: August 6 to August 20, 2010
Friday, August 6 Arriving in
Fax: 011-86-10-6513- 7842
Saturday, August 7 Sightseeing in
This evening you will experience the famous Beijing Roast Duck dinner.
Sunday, August 8 Sightseeing at the Forbidden City in the morning, and leaving
will be staying at the White Swan Hotel.
Monday, August 9 - You will be meeting your child today and start the required 24 hours trial period with your child.
Please note that, when picking up your child from the orphanage director hands, you are required to sign the Trial-period Agreement with the orphanage director, and fill out some forms.
For the orphanage director and the care-takers:
1. You will have an opportunity to ask questions of the orphanage doctor and the caretakers.Please have your list of question ready when meeting with them. Please feel free to ask any questions you have for them, such as your baby’s current sleeping habits, eating habits, personality and so on.
2. Please don’t forget to give your gifts to show your appreciation
for their help.
Tuesday, August 10 - This day, you will be escorted by the guide to go to the Provincial Bureau of Civil Affairs to go through all the adoption formalities required by the Chinese government, and get your related documents notarized with the notaries, who will come to the same office.
For the bureau officials – When leaving the hotel to go for the registration with the Chinese officials, please bring with you:
a. Both parents’ passports
b. Three copies of each parent’s passport photo page
c. Three copies of each parent’s passport visa page
d. Two passport-sized photos of each parent
e. The original Invitation Letter to Travel from the China Center of Adoption Affairs (CCAA), and 2 copies as well
l Registration Fee and Passport Fee: RMB 1,750
l Finding Ad Fee: RMB 450
(Please note that the bureau officials will require you and your baby to have a family picture taken which will go for your baby's Adoption Certificate Card given to you later by the bureau officials. Money for the family photo – about RMB 50 – is also included in the above fees).
When registering with and being interviewed by the civil affairs bureau officials, you and your spouse will be expected to fill out some forms and may be required to answer the following two main questions:
a. Why have you decided to adopt a Chinese child?
b. What is your plan for the child's future?
For the Public Notary officials –You will then be interviewed by the notaries to have the relevant documents notarized.
a. Welcome House has already sent your information to the Notary Public a week before you travel. When you notarize with the public notary, what you are expected to do is just check with the notaries on your birth-date, birth place, sex, address, occupation, income, etc., as well as your child’s information.
b. Please bring with you the Notary Fee: RMB 3,000
c. Please don’t forget your gift to the notaries.
Wednesday, August 11- Going to the local Police Station for your baby’s passport.
Thursday, August 12 - Sightseeing at the
Friday, August 13 - Sightseeing at the Guangzhou Zoo to see panda.
Saturday, August 14, - This morning you will have your baby’s visa photo taken and then have your baby’s visa medical exam completed.
Visa photo-taking fee: RMB 37
Visa medical fee: RMB 500
The next Monday afternoon, you will receive from the
On the evening of this day, you will be on board of the Ferry Cruiser, cruising down the famous
Sunday, August 15 - Sightseeing at the
On one of these days (Saturday, or Sunday), we will have a group meeting to double-check all your documents for your child's immigrant visa interview and fill in some forms required by the US Consulate in Guangzhou. You will receive a uniform plastic envelope from us. Please pack in the envelope the documents in the following order (top of the package to the bottom):
1. Document Checklist for Non-Hague Convention Adoption and the Parents Statements on the Checklist Page. (We will help you fill in the checklist page at the group meeting in
2. Your child's passport.
3. Copies of your child’s passport and your and your spouse's passports.
4. Vaccination Affidavit (one parent must complete, sign and have signature notarized before traveling to
5. Sealed Medical Examination Report (i.e. Form DS 2053 which we will pick up for you after your child is examined at the
6. Your child's Birth Certificate (You will get the notarized one in
7. Abandonment Certificate (You will get the notarized one in
8. Adoption Certificate Card ( the original one, and a copy and a notarized translation copy are required) . (You will receive the Adoption Certificate Card and the notarized translation version of it after you have registered with the provincial Civil Affairs Bureau officials and have notarized with the Provincial Notary Public.)
9. Two full-faced visa photos of your child, which was just taken in
10. Form I-604 (completed, signed and dated, and on which your travel plan back to the States must be stated. We will help you with this form at the group meeting in
11. Form DS -230 Part 1 and Part 2 (Part 1 completed, signed and dated, but Part 2 should be signed when at the consulate. We will help you with this form at the group meeting in
12. Form I -600 (completed, signed and dated. We will help you with this form at the group meeting in
13. Form I -864 W (completed, signed and dated. We will help you with this form at the group meeting in
14. Receipts (customer copy and department of state copy)
15. Home Study Addendum if necessary: If any significant changes have occurred since USCIS approved your family's I
This list is a little different for us but when we made this BLOG we did not have the updated itinarary.
Monday, August 16- Sightseeing at the
Tuesday, August 17- Visa-interview at 9:00 AM.
(Please submit your document package to us in advance of the interviewing time. We will take care of and hand-deliver the documents to the US Consulate in
In the afternoon, you will be sightseeing at
Wednesday, August 18- You will be attending the Visa Oath Ceremony held in the US Consulate at 4:00 PM this day – but please be noted that the Consulate has notified us that the oath time can be changed at any time.
Thursday, August 19- In the afternoon of this day, the local guide will go to the consulate to pick up your baby’s visa for you.
Friday, August 20 - Departing